Thursday, December 12, 2013

And Again...

Is there really a certain way to act or dress that is classified as normal… or is it more of normal to us as robots of society who can’t see anything that’s different because our hard drive crashes and the only way of fixing the crash is to isolate the person trying to be different... In society people are socially out-casted because of what they wear, how they act, the things they do. But are we truly allowed to judge the people that are our peers. I mean is it really our place to say… our place for our opinion on what they like. A big problem as a child I had was the fact that I wanted to go to the military, ever since I was in third grade. In my school my choice was not socially accepted. I got laughed at many times by the girls in my middle school and elementary school because the military to them was classified as a man’s job. So for me to feel accepted and a part the girls I changed my future profession to a wedding planner; I mean what is more girly than a wedding planner, nothing, and yes this got me in to the crowd but as I grew older and noticed how much I loved what I wanted to do I finally accepted my difference and at the end of 8th grade I told my parents I did want to go to the military and that was my little moment of social acceptance because of course I believe that no one should be judged because you never know someone until you’ve walked there path. This is a big problem especially among us teenagers this out-casting leads to suicide, depression, and even self-neglect which is not okay. What are we all monsters, can we all not live in a place together and be different or as mentioned in one of my favorite songs “America the brave still fears what we don’t know “and its true we fear what we aren’t exposed to on a regular basis but why, why can’t we just except the new thing and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment