Thursday, September 26, 2013

Letters

Do you have that one thing that hits home? That one thing that changed your life and you knew it the moment you held it in your hands? Well, I did. Ohhh... where to start? It all started as a third grader in my girl scout troop, my troop leader decided that we were going to write letters to soldiers, I was freaking out inside. What was a going to say? I didn't know but all I knew was that this had to be the best letters of my life. My short lived life of 11 years which I thought at that time was so much. I knew that these letters weren't just letters they would make a day, a year, and maybe just maybe a lifetime. I thought to myself what is a third grader going to write that is going to affect the life of a grown man. So I wrote my letters, all my might went into them. When they got sent out I waited day after day for the reply. No one else really cared but me I cared, I cared a lot I felt as if everyday my heart was going to burst out, and finally that mighty day came that my troop leader handed out the letters to whom they belonged. She handed me the two letters that belonged to me. I felt as if I was the luckiest little girl in the world to be holding in my had the patience of a soldier, to write to me. I opened them and read them. Never did I ever think that some simple little letters could change me. From that day on I always have said that I wanted to go to the military to hopefully write a letter like the one I received as a child that can change a little girls mind or make her day or even receive a letter when I hopefully am in the military that will remind me of this glorious moment I had as a child. These letter I hold them near and dear to my heart they are the reason I am what I am today and I carry these letters everyday with me, never do I go out with out them they are my most prized possession they keep my head held high and remind me of the sacrifice that some people make for our freedom. If you ever want to ask me where are my letters I will pull them out and show them to you no questions asked they are just always with me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. You need some practice writing commas to split your sentences and join them. I'm sure we went over most of the stuff you have to fix in class. But the one other thing I think I want to remind you is that you keep writing "just". If you take it out most of the sentences you use it in, will still make sense.

    ReplyDelete